Brandon and Lauren discuss the tools that have most defined their meatsmithing journey: tools that allowed them to get started in the business, as well as truly harvesting for their own family on a budget.
They start with the few high-ticket items for their shop, and end with a few necessary field tools….as well as what may be in store for them as they continue to grow.
Join them on their Patreon account to give them questions, topics and engage in the conversation on A Meatsmith Harvest.
- Introduction and announcements, plus ‘how did our Holiday meals go?’
- A reminder for Beef.
- Tools! Tools for the backyard, 1-human show, considering both average domestic/hobbyist time and budget. Started with a $3,000 loan to begin business.
- Shop equipment:
- Grinder, Pro-Cut KG-12-FS, 3/4 horsepower grinder; $500-$700
- Stuffer, Stuffer from Sausagemaker.com, 5-15# canister; $200-$400
- Slaughter equipment:
- Jet Burner, Bayou Classic Super Duty Double Jet, $98.95
- Gambrel, Meathookus.com, Super Duty Beef Gambrel, made to order, call for pricing
- Handsaw, Bunzlpd.com, Packer Saw, $34.95
- Hog Scraper, Butcher-Packer.com, $27.45
- What’s in our future…. as more efficient tools go?
- Hand Tiers and such!
Links for Episode 8
–https://www.patreon.com/meatsmith (How we fund this podcast!)