In this two-part episode, Brandon and Lauren answer listener questions about farmsteading and animal harvesting. Topics range from how they seem to “do it all” to the heartache of processing animals to using every part of the animal, including blood and parts. They also talk about evaluating priorities and getting help when you can.
Comment below with your questions for our next grab bag episode!
Introduction and Announcements:
- Help us produce four episodes a month by supporting us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/meatsmith.
- We have upcoming fall classes!
Part 1 Show Notes:
- The value of having a hierarchy for managing your farm or homestead 10:00
- Why you have to know what your goal is 18:00
- What is the 80/20 principle 28:50
- Getting past the heartache of processing animals 37:00
- An animal as an art canvas 47:00
Part 2 Show Notes:
- How we deal with parasites in our animals 2:10
- Using animal blood and parts 18:50
- What our daily lives are like and how we do it all 25:00
- A tool that has helped us 33:15
- The importance of having a new perspective 40:15
- Get help when you can 45:45