In this episode, we talk more about moving to Oklahoma, tradition, and leaving behind what our kids will want to inherit.
Introduction and Announcements:
- We have two Family Pig classes in Spring 2022. Our classes make incredible gifts for anyone interested in the whole processing narrative. From the kill to butchery to cookery, the experience gained at Family Pig is unparalleled.
- Support our podcast on Patreon! Production of each episode takes hours of work, filming, and editing. By becoming a patron, you’ll help us keep our episode quality high and allow us to continue filming. You can find us on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/meatsmith.
- Membership — a gift that gives all year long!
- More than 45 Harvest Films by Brandon.
- Forum topics are now categorized for easy browsing!
- 60-day free trial available! Promo code: “60daytrial.” Use it along with the Newsletter Special option to sign up.
Part 1 Show Notes:
- Intro and our kids’ enthusiasm for Oklahoma, 1:03
- Family Pig dates changed, 6:37
- Moving to Tornado Ally, 10:36
- Getting the shop ready, 12:10
- Come to a class with your family, 17:56
- Project with Justin Rhodes, 17:56
- Leaving Vashon, 21:53
- Moving with cured meat, 23:00
- Moving the beams, 29:54
- Passing things on to our kids, 32:34
- Piety, 36:09
- Story of Pinocchio, 42:15
- Hungry for tradition, 44:40
Links for Episode 70:
- Justin Rhodes – https://homesteadersofamerica.com
- Around the Year with Maria Von Trapp – https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5857650-around-the-year-with-the-trapp-family
Show notes and links for episode 71 coming soon…